POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just Some Pretty Blocks : Re: Just Some Pretty Blocks Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just Some Pretty Blocks
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 23 Jan 2003 03:07:26
Message: <3e2fa2be@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I was NOT criticizing Andrew's work which is a nice picture :-)
I was playing at a kind of Rorschach test.
I agree we don't need to see something representative in every image or
paint.
But in this case, shapes and colors immediately made me feel the sweet taste
of a sugar block  dipped in coffee.

BTW Andrew, did you give a try at MLPov's bockeh focal blur?
IMOH it gives a better quality and more natural (pigment controlled) blur
than official version(squared).
You can find this patch here http://pov.monde.free.fr/mael/mlpov081eng.html

Cheers
Marc